Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) is the combination of a membrane process like microfiltration or ultrafiltration and comes under the category of suspended growth activated sludge process system that utilizes microporous membranes for solid/liquid separation in lieu of secondary clarifiers. The typical arrangement of MBR System includes an anoxic zone followed by an aeration zone and then finally the submerged membrane zone.
Due to very high biomass concentrations (8000-12000 mg/l), the design becomes compact thereby reducing the footprint considerably. MBR processes can produce effluent of high quality enough to be discharged into coastal waterways as well as used for toilet flushing, district cooling, concrete mixing etc.
- Factory made plug and play system with small footprint and all units of internal make on a duty standby basis
- Safe SRT and HRT enabling stable and sustainable Biology and better Aeration and Nitrification.
- Plant operating on very conservative flux rate thereby ensuring long life of the membrane modules and little effect of shock loads to the system.
- MBR Modules incorporates all the advantages of Flat sheet and Hollow fiber membranes
- MBR Modules using Ultrafiltration Technology removing particles upto the size of 0.04 micron
- Backwash system in every filtration cycle preventing Organic and Inorganic MBR fouling.
- Membrane Cleaning Process (MCP) reduces chemical consumption and Operation and Maintenance Costs
- MCP also improves the operational efficiency of the plant by having a sustained flux rate and set permeate output
- MBR Modules placed in separate tank thereby making STP operation much simpler and helps maintaining constant level which is very essential for the MBR Modules.
- Less Cross Air Flow Requirements for MBR Air Blowers thereby saving energy.
- MSEP Tank structurally very stable and fabricated in such a way that there is no bulging